hearts & beads

You're familiar already about my  for Antonio Marras... 
and he loves hearts. 
Just like I do. 

Needless to say that when I saw on Yoox.com the light merino wool knit with tiny stuffed hearts I couldn't resist making my own summer version.




image on the left from Yoox.com

I had everything in my stash (because my stash is HUMONGOUS)
- grey grosgrain ribbon
- grey faceted (plastic) beads
- pearls beads
- some heart charms
- gray & white t-shirt scraps
- stuffing
- swarovski sew on crystals
- two D rings and chain
- one eyelet
- strong thread & needle
- safety pins (so I can take it on ad off and wash my shirt without going nut)



--> HOW TO:

- thread 5 strands in different lengths with the beads and the pearls, changing pattern in each strand
- attach all the 5 strands and the chain to one of the D ring
- attach only one strand and the chain to the other D ring
- punch the eyelet on one side of a 18" long grosgrain and fray-check both sides
- attach the other strands (while tangling them a little) to the eyelet
- sew about 25" of grosgrain ribbon on the flat part of both D rings
- fold the 18" piece of grosgrain leaving one part about 2" longer
- sew the folded part of the grosgrain at about 3" from the D ring (pin first and try on your shirt to make sure it fits as desired)



To make the hearts, cut the hearts in three different sizes:
2 medium grey - 2" wide x 1-1/4" tall
2 light grey - 1-1/2" wide x 1" tall
1 white - 1-1/2" wide x 2" tall
and follow my tutorial here for the sewing and stuffing
I sewed on the swarovski crystals on the light grey hearts, and sewed all the hearts on the strands as they were charms.

Pin both sides on the shoulder seams of the shirt and tie a bow in the back and the trick is done!

Best part... I can take it off and use it on a sweater for the fall... this is my take on 
"transitional refashion"!

xox, d.

0 comments:

Post a Comment