un-cute-ized ruffle

When we think "ruffles" 
we immediately think to something 'cute' and 'girly'
...well, as always, it depends.




I'm not into that cute-girly-frou frou kind of clothes,
but I've seen so many ruffles around that I wanted to give it a try.
But not too girly of a try...

I had some military green/ beige / brown camouflage mesh.
Cut some 1-1/2" strips and ruffled it.

Sewed it around the neckline of a grey tank top.
I like the way the softness of the ruffle contrast with the roughness of the military print.


Something that Demi Moore could have 
worn into 'G.I. Jane' movie? ;)




I like to wear this top with my military green cargo pants.


The rule of the thumb for ruffles is: you'll need about 3 to 4 times the length of the desired length you want to cover.
And, again, it depends on how much you want your ruffle to be 'rich'.
Also, if you don't have a long enough piece of fabric, don't worry, you can cut several strips and while you'll sew it on, just overlap the two ruffles just about 1/4" and you won't notice the jointure since the beauty of ruffles is... they forgive any mistake!! ;)
What's not to like?

xox, d.

0 comments:

Post a Comment