trasformation of a pair of pants

A professional organizer would tell you 
that after you haven't worn a piece of clothing for an year, 
you should get rid of.

In theory, I agree.
In reality... I never do it. 

I get attached to things, and even if they go out of style, either they could make a comeback at some point, or I could make something out of it, at some point.
This was the case with a pair of pants that I have purchased in year 2000 (yes, laugh!)... and they haven't been worn since... about 2002, I believe.

Well, in my "to-do-list" and inspiration folder on my computer I have a pair of tied to the ankles pants since last summer, but I never got around to actually make it happens.
Until the light bulb went on when I've got in my inbox the new J. Crew line in collaboration with Prabal Gurung.
Two hours later, I had a brand-new-look pair of pants. 
Which I L.O.V.E.


It all started from this:


--> Make it happens!

* You need... pants, of course
* Contrasting 3/4" grosgrain  (your leg length X 2 + your waistline + 100" + few inches extra just in case )


* If you have a pair of skinny pants to begin with, good for you!
* I had to make mine smaller, so I traced a line on the inside seam, bast it, tried them on to make sure they fit well.
* Open the inside seams of the legs.
* Bast the grosgrain on the outside seam.
* Sew the grosgrain on both sides on both legs.
* Do the same on the waistline.
* Press the legs, sew back the inside seams, cut off the extra fabric, hem the pants, ... and press them again with a crispy crease :)
* Take 2 pieces of 50" of grosgrain, fray check the edges, find the middle part and stitch at about 2-1/2" from the hem line.
* Tie a bow around your ankles, and you're done!

... and the moral of the story is: before going out shopping, shop in your closet! 


xox, d.

will link to these parties *<:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment