from ugly capris

... to a smoking hot pair of shorts!

inspiration&realisation
Like them?  I-so-very-very-much-DO :)

It all started with the hunt for a nice pair of navy blue shorts. 
I didn't think I was hunting for the moon, but apparently this summer if you want blue, you either go denim or nada de nada.
... And I didn't want denim, I said navy blue, and lighter fabric.

Racks after racks, 
I stumbled on the ugliest navy blue pair of capris. 
In a very soft 100% cotton fabric.
In my size. 
On sale @ 4$. 
No brainer.
They came home with me.

* First of all, I ripped off the belt loops, since they have a tie waist, and I won't wear a belt with them in any case.
* Then, I chopped off some leg length.
* For some reason, I don't like when the waist tie ends up inside, so I marked an X right after the button holes in the inside and punched an eyelet. much better.
* Tried them on and decided the length, double folded inside, pinned and hemmed.


... And I thought I could be happy with that.
But those eyelets were pick-a-boing on my table and I thought: "heck yes!"
...and pulled out also the leftovers eyelets from the t-shirt refashion that I made a while ago.



I followed the same criteria that I did for the t-shirt:
* marking my shorts in random order,
* then glue a bit of tacky glue onto the marked spots, 
* let dry, 
* cut the holes and hammered the big eyelets (those come in two parts) and used my pliers for the smaller ones. 



Now, these are the shorts I was looking for!

xox, d.

wearing them with my striped and zipped refashioned shirt that I made awhile ago !

will link to these parties *<:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment