bows everywhere

I made this t-shirt last summer.
This it's not a knockoff, I swear, I have several eye witnesses!!



inspiration&realisation
inspiration&realisation


I simply marked my t-shirt with dots 2" apart in a polka dot pattern and sew a the silky thread cord through, while pulling a little to ruffle the fabric just a bit, and tie a bow. 
...and repeat - repeat - repeat... 

--> TIPS  for making the perfect "polka dot effect"
I initially figured to just get my ruler and start mark the shirt: between the fact that the shirt is stretchy and it is not a perfect geometric shape, this turned to be a pain in the neck.
So, what I did wast to take a piece of square grid paper, mark with a sharpie the dots at the right perfect distance, and place it inside my shirt, starting in the center of the shirt and mark the dots.
By moving the piece of paper around, match the dots that you have already marked and keep going... the dots will be always in the perfect position and will speed the process a lot!

I wanted the full effect, so yes it took quite some time; but even if it is a simple white t-shirt, the effect of the bows in motion while you walk (or dance, even better!) it's quite unique.

...and then I found that "see by ChloĆ©" made a knockoff!!... oh, well, I'm not going to sue :)
see by ChloƩ $330

xox, d.


will link to these parties *<:) !

0 comments:

Post a Comment