Multi-Colortural


I'll admit it, I have a lot of nail polish. A lot. Are there colors that look similar? Yes. Are there colors that look different? Of course. Do I need all of them? Probably not. Regardless of need, I keep hoarding them, and adding more and more to the collection. The other day, I was going through the collection- organizing/putting away, and an idea struck me. I wanted to do a color study, like old times——like in college. So I gathered my colors up for each nail (I did each nail one at a time - I only have so much room on my nail table for polish), and set to work. I wanted to see what the mish-mash of colors of the same family (albeit in different finishes, hues, tints, etc.) would look like. Well, it's interesting. Not quite what I envisioned, but it's different...and sort of looks like rainbow camouflage, which I'm guessing there isn't a huge market for, seeing as it would have the entirely opposite effect of what one desires when donning camouflage attire. Anyway. This manicure was done using a total of 61 different colors, 62 if you count the Seche Vite. ;)



I used:

American Apparel Cotton as a base, with...

Thumb: Reds

American Apparel Berry, A Beautiful Life Poison, Barielle Elle's Spell, China Glaze High Maintenance, China Glaze Ruby Pumps, China Glaze TMI, Claire's Stilettos, Essie Blood Curdling, Nicole by OPI OMB!, Nicole by OPI Redy to Runaway Love, Zoya Kimmy, and Zoya Reva.

Index: Oranges

American Apparel Pinta, butter LONDON Minger, China Glaze Ginger, China Glaze Japanese Koi, China Glaze Papaya Punch, China Glaze Peachy Keen, CND Electric Orange, Color Club Wham! Pow!, Lotus Herbals Orange Alert 82, OPI Extra-va-vaganza!, Zoya Lianne, Zoya Rica, and Zoya Tanzy.

Middle: Yellows

American Apparel Manila, Barielle Aura Angora, China Glaze Classic Camel, China Glaze Cleopatra, China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, China Glaze Lighthouse, Essie Funky Limelight, Nubar Hot Yellow, Orly Luxe, RBL Square Pants, Sally Hansen Expres-So Yellow, and Zoya Pippa.

Ring: Greens

American Apparel MacArthur Park, American Apparel Malibu Green, American Apparel Neon Green, China Glaze L8R G8R, China Glaze Starboard, CND Green Scene, Frida Nails Grass Green jelly, Nubar Reclaim, RBL No More War, Zoya Ivanka, Zoya Shawn, and Zoya Envy.

Pinky: Blues

American Apparel Cameo Blue, China Glaze 2NITE, CND Anchor Blue, Lotus Herbals Ocean Love, Nicole by OPI Me + Blue, OPI Absolutely Alice, ULTA Moody Blues, Zoya Crystal, Zoya Breezi, Zoya Kotori, and Zoya Tallulah.


Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment