Let Me Have a Crack-le at it


I remember when I was just a youngin' (think 12,13,14?) and I was just starting to get excited about nail stuff, and Cover Girl had a product out called 'Crackle' which, when applied over another polish (they say it has to be their own, but it doesn't) created a crackled paint effect. Back then, the one I had was a royal blue color if I remember correctly. A while back, I managed to find and snag one from an awesome swapper on Makeup Alley, and today I decided to use it!! The crackle polish I have is an orangey yellow color, and I tried it over turquoise, which in my mind was amazing, but the crackle is super sheer and streaky, sooooo it didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but I still think it's rad. :-P It was SUPER hard to clean the cuticle edges up though- that Crackle doesn't even dissolve in acetone!!


I used China Glaze Flyin' High as a base, with Cover Girl Crackle Jack-O-Lantern over top. For the red line, I used Eyeko Coral Polish for Resort Nails, then I used American Apparel Manila for the dots. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

If you love Eyeko polishes, be sure to use my code to get a free gift when you order!!


The Eyeko polish used in today's post was sent by the manufacturer for consideration.


0 comments:

Post a Comment