Vive la France!


Today is Bastille Day, the celebration of the storming of the Bastille, a prison and fortress in Paris. Fun fact: there were only 7 prisoners when the Bastille was stormed. :) Reader Sonoma Bento suggested that I do a French/Bastille day themed manicure today, so here you have it, the French flag is on all nails but the ring finger, which is the Eiffel tower in the moonlight. :-P


I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud as a base with Pure Ice French Kiss for the blue stripe of the flag, China Glaze Salsa for the red portion of the flag. For the ring finger, I used Color Club Naughtycal Navy as a base, which is awesome, it was almost opaque in 1 coat!! Better yet that I got it in the Yacht Club set, which was $7.99 for 6 colors plus basecoat!! Anyway, back to what I used. I used a mixture of American Apparel Cotton and American Apparel Manila for the moon and stars, and a mixture of American Apparel Cotton and American Apparel Hassid for the tower. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

I hope everyone enjoyed the celebrations!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment