On the Mehndi


My friend Chris is currently en route to Las Vegas from Chennai, India, and with him, he carries 6 beautiful, super awesome Indian Nail Polishes!!!! (for me!) So today's manicure is dedicated to him! I decided to do mehndi nail art today, mehndi is a form of henna skin decoration generally done on the hands and feet of Indian women for wedding celebrations and festivals . I have always loved the look of mehndi designs, and thought it'd be a lovely nail art design. For my nails, I scoured the web for different designs, and chose parts of each design for the different nails.


I used American Apparel California Trooper as a base, with 2 coats of butter LONDON Crumpet on top. For the mehndi design, I used Zoya Dea. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat. I'm also trying a new base coat out, it was given to me at the CosmoProf show by Nubar, it's called Nubar Foundation. I'm super curious to see how it holds up! :)

And here are the awesome polishes that are coming to me!! :)

Lotus Herbals Colour Dew Nail Lacquer

Nubar Foundation was given to me for consideration by the manufacturer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment