On a Bender


Today's nails were inspired by a movie that came out yesterday; The Last Airbender. Now, I haven't seen the cartoon other than once or twice in passing, and I probably won't go to the movie, but reader Michelle C. asked that I do an Avatar: The Last Airbender themed manicure, so this is for her! :) I used the icons that represent water, earth, air, and fire for the index, middle, ring, and pinky, then for the thumb, I used the arrow tattoo on the main character's head. (or at least part of it)


I used:

Thumb: Head with arrow tattoo

MAC Abalone Shell as a base, with a mixture of Nubar Stronghold, American Apparel Peacock, and American Apparel Mount Royal for the tattoo part.

Index: Water

Orly Gumdrop as a base, with a mix of American Apparel Peacock and American Apparel Mount Royal for the icon.

Middle: Earth

American Apparel Palm Springs as a base, with Zoya Dea for the icon.

Ring: Air

butterLONDON Billy No Mates as a base, with a mix of Zoya Jancyn and Nubar Stronghold for the icon.

Pinky: Fire

A mix of Essie Alligator Purse and American Apparel Palm Springs for the base, with a mix of Essie Alligator Purse and American Apparel Hassid for the icon.

Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Hope you approve, Michelle! :)

Also, since I get a lot of people asking what I use for my designs, I took a picture of the brush that I use, which I got at Sally Beauty Supply.



0 comments:

Post a Comment